The Best Companies are 5.5x More Likely to Invest in Video Content Management. Is Yours One of Them?
Video has reached a tipping point in the enterprise, fueled by a rise in the usage of video for knowledge sharing, internal collaboration, event broadcasting, executive communication, and more. As video adoption continues to grow, high-performing companies have turned to video content management platforms to facilitate the storage and delivery of video across their global organizations.
According to a 2012 report by the Aberdeen Group, Best-in-Class enterprises are more than 5 times more likely to have adopted the use of an enterprise video content management platform, and more than 83% of survey respondents reported plans to increase their use of video content in their Enterprise Content Management (ECM) integrations.
Top performing enterprises have recognized that a video content management system (also known as a “Corporate YouTube” or video CMS) is critical for maximizing the usage of their video content and achieve business goals.
More specifically, a video CMS helps enterprises:
- Drive bottom line growth through the reduction of training costs by offering access to on-demand e-learning and collaboration tools
- Improve the security of valuable data by providing a repository for sensitive or proprietary corporate information
- Support a mobile strategy by making it simple and secure to access corporate videos on smartphones and tablets
- Effectively manage network bandwidth by optimizing video delivery across corporate WANs
- Reduce IT costs by employing a single source for capturing, storing, and delivering content rather than cobbling together a solution from multiple sources
Video content management systems provide enterprises with an infrastructure for managing video as an company-wide asset.
If you’d like to learn more about how a video CMS can drive growth in your organization, contact us for a demonstration and free trial of the Panopto online video platform.