Think about the last time you gave a live presentation. You probably just got up in front of an audience, started your PowerPoint presentation, and presented. Pretty straightforward.
Ideally, when you create and share an online video presentation, the process shouldn’t be much different. At some point, you’ll need to start a recording of your presentation since you’ll be sharing it on-demand, but other than that, you shouldn’t have to change the way you present.
Unfortunately, most online video presentation tools don’t work this way. Often, you’re forced to break out of your normal presentation rhythm and adapt to the way the online presentation tool works. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?
Many online presentation tools, for example, require you to first upload your slides to a server and wait for them to get processed. That creates a needless delay to starting your presentation, and even worse, some online presentation tools lose all of your slide animations during processing.
After your slides have been processed, those systems then require you to present them from inside a web browser, rather than using the presentation software you’re already familiar with like PowerPoint or Keynote.
Other online video presentation tools offer another problem. They allow you to record your actual PowerPoint presentation, but then, they just give you a video file as output. It’s up to you to figure out how to share that file with your audience, and to ensure that the video is formatted in a way so that your audience can view it on their laptops, tablets, or smart phones.
Panopto has taken a different approach.
We wanted to make sure that creating and sharing online presentations was as straightforward as giving a live presentation.
Here’s all you have to do to record and share an online presentation with Panopto:
- Launch Panopto’s recording software
- Add your PowerPoint slides
- Click the “Record” button
- Give your presentation
- Click the “Stop” button
While you’re giving your PowerPoint presentation, here’s what Panopto does for you in the background:
- Records your PowerPoint presentation in up to 1080p HD.
- Records you presenting (using your webcam or any other camera) in up to 720p HD.
- Automatically ingests all of the text from your PowerPoint slides.
- From your PowerPoint text, Panopto creates a table of contents for your viewers.
- Panopto also creates a searchable index of your presentation, allowing your viewers to search inside your video presentation for any word mentioned on your slides.
- Panopto automatically uploads your video presentation to your secure video library.
- Converts your video presentation so that your audience can view it on any laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Finally, Panopto emails you a link to your video presentation that you can share with your audience.
Rather than adapt your presentation style and workflow to Panopto, we’ve built a tool that adapts to you. Which means you can focus on your presentation, not on the presentation technology.
Try Panopto’s Online Video Presentation Software Today
Panopto makes capturing and sharing online video presentations and demonstrations easy. Sign up today and try Panopto for free.