Video content spans many use cases across teams within a corporation.
- Marketing uses video for product demos on the corporate website and for live streaming customer-facing events.
- Learning and Development teams use video for pre-recorded and live employee training sessions.
- Human Resources uses it as a recruiting tool and to deliver annual compliance training.
- Corporate Communications uses video for executive all-hands meetings as well as quarterly earnings calls.
- Sales uses it for readiness training.
- And Customer Service increasingly uses pre-recorded videos to provide web-based “how to” information and troubleshooting support.
While many teams will look to video as a tool to drive their business goals, most are unequipped with the technical capabilities to deploy and manage a video solution. For IT, this creates opportunities to contribute to enterprise growth.
By deploying a video content management system (video CMS), IT can provide its line-of-business partners with an enterprise-wide solution for:
- Reducing training costs. A video CMS simplifies the recording and distribution of training videos, which can lead to substantial cost savings. For example, Caterpillar University found that e-learning yielded a cost reduction of between 40 and 78 percent based on the size of the audience.
- Driving engagement and productivity of a global workforce. Employees located in remote offices can use a video CMS to access live-streamed or on-demand company meetings and events in order to get “virtual face time” with co-workers and executives.
- Finding valuable information locked away in videos. A number of video CMSs automatically add metadata to videos, making it possible to find videos within a massive library, and to search inside videos for words mentioned by speakers or shown on screen.
- Analyzing video viewing trends. This is critical for marketing teams looking to measure the performance of their video-related campaigns. The same reporting can be used by Human Resources to ensure completion of mandatory compliance videos.
- Retaining important organizational knowledge. Video can be one of the most efficient ways to capture the knowledge of subject matter experts and exiting employees. The video CMS provides a central location for storing and sharing this knowledge across the company.
Learn How To Efficiently Store And Stream Video Across Your Network
For CIOs and IT departments, the video CMS provides cost-effective infrastructure for overcoming the unique challenges of video, and for using video as an asset to drive business growth. We dig deeper into why every IT organization should have a video content management system in our latest white paper: “5 Reasons Why Every CIO Needs A Video Content Management System.”