150+ in-person and virtual attendees. 9 presentations. 6 partner sponsors. 2 breakout tracks. 1 exciting day.
The Panopto team had the pleasure of inviting our customers and partners in the EMEA region to our 2022 Panopto EMEA User Conference. This conference is a dedicated time to show our support for those using the Panopto platform. We recognize that, especially after the pandemic, video management systems are mission critical for educational institutions. Our team worked closely with our higher education community to develop a valuable event featuring industry experts, customer case studies, networking opportunities, and a product roadmap of Panopto’s future growth.
How Our Customers Use Panopto
Today, we serve over 10 million users from offices around the world. Prior to our user conference, we took a poll of some of our Panopto EMEA customers to discover how they are using their video management platform and why they choose Panopto.
- Top 10 Use Cases in 2022
- Lecture capture
- Distance learning
- How-to videos
- Flipped classroom
- Staff training/ or staff self reflection
- Students creating their own recordings
- Webcasting events and/or courses
- Central repository of all videos
- Integration with UC (Zoom, Teams, etc)
- Main Objective for Choosing Panopto in 2022
- To enhance the overall student learning experience
- To utilize hybrid and/or blended learning
- To meet accessibility requirements
- To better engage with distance learners
- To help improve student grades
- To train staff or enhance staff continuing professional development
- To increase student recruitment and retention
Experts Share Trends in Education for 2023
The team at Panopto invited industry experts to discuss trends in higher education technology and pedagogy. Popular sessions included:
- How interactive video improves learning quality. Adding interactive features to your videos contributes to more effective learning for students. Panopto customers shared ideas and examples for interactive video learning from their institutions, including interviews, quizzes, role play, and more. These features are readily available within Panopto, meaning conference attendees are quickly and easily able to implement them in the classroom.
- How AI can help achieve personalized education. AI tools can help improve video quality and usability in the classroom, allowing students to specifically curate their learning content in a manner that suits their learning styles. Participants discussed the future of AI and machine learning in a hybrid and asynchronous higher education landscape.
- Can education be truly individualized? Student feedback is a great resource for the success of a classroom experience. Panopto customers shared how they use student surveys to highlight what works and what doesn’t in an institution, allowing faculty to help individualize the classroom experience. They also shared how they’re using video in their courses to offer the highest flexibility in a classroom setting.
- Why student mental health matters to good education. Higher education leaders can play an important role in helping students facing mental health challenges learn at their full potential. While students in crisis should always speak to a qualified professional, faculty can design classrooms in a way that is flexible and appropriate for all students. For example, a student may take comfort in knowing that a lecture is available in a video format after taking a mental health day and missing the in-person lecture. Flexibility offers opportunities for students.
Panopto Customers Share Their Experiences
There simply would be no Panopto user conference without our partners, so we took this time to highlight what our customers achieved by integrating Panopto with their wider edtech ecosystems.
Our first session highlighted hardware setups – with Panopto’s multi-feed recording capabilities, a multitude of classroom hardware setups are possible. Customers recommend starting small and figuring out what you need to scale along the way, turning to more sophisticated setups and automations as time goes on. Multiple setups allow for different technology uses – from a 500-seat lecture hall to a studio setting with a room and a green screen.
Our second session focused on the multiple software integrations Panopto offers. Customers shared learnings and best practices establishing different workflows across their institutions Whether you’re looking to integrate a learning management platform or video conferencing system, there are multiple Panopto workflows to choose from that will suit your needs.
Investing in Our Customers
Panopto is dedicated to our higher education customers and community. As a market leader serving more than 10 million active users worldwide, Panopto is committed to offering a best-in-class product for our customers today and in the years to come. We continue to invest in the product innovation, partnerships, and world-class support that our customers trust. We can’t wait to see you all again next year.