While you’ve already found the benefits of using a video management system (VMS) in your classroom, have you chosen the best platform for your institution? As higher education continues to evolve, you need a VMS that’s easy-to-use, reliable, and with customer support dedicated to being there for you in the long haul – and that’s where Panopto comes in.
Panopto is the easiest way to record and share videos.
Panopto was created at Carnegie Mellon University by educators, for educators. Since 2007, we’ve built the easiest-to-use platform for managing all your video assets, integrating video into your LMS, capturing lectures, recording flipped classroom videos, and more. With 10 million active users, Panopto is trusted by top universities globally.
So… why choose Panopto for your VMS?
What to Look For When Comparing
Video Management Systems
Video technology is shaping learning – especially in higher education. With a variety of platforms to help create, manage, and distribute video content, you want to weigh all options to ensure you are choosing the best VMS for your needs. Some things to look out for include:
- Integrations. Ensure that your existing video conferencing tool and LMS integrate with your video library.
- User Experience. Viewing, uploading, capturing video, live webcasting, and managing video content all must be intuitive to learn and simple to perform.
- Scalability. The ability to scale use easily and based on demand is critical to the success of your VMS.
- Company Reputation. Consider a reputable VMS trusted by your peers in higher education.
- Customer Support. Determine the level of support included with your VMS, including whether or not they will assist in the migration of content from your previous platform.
What Sets Panopto Apart?
With Panopto, you’ve got a secure, mobile-ready video platform that will revolutionize the way you share knowledge and information.
- Video Management. With Panopto’s industry-leading video CMS, it’s easy for anyone in your organization to find and stream all of your video assets online, from anywhere in the world.
- Recording Video. With dedicated software and apps for Windows, Mac, and iOS, Panopto’s flexible video recording software gives you the ability to record online, offline, and anywhere you can take your smartphone.
- Live Video. Panopto makes it easy to create and share professional-quality live streaming videos without the need for A/V production crews or IT specialists, so you can webcast an international conference, a monthly meeting, or your regular classroom without external support.
- Video Search and Discovery. Every video uploaded and stored in your Panopto video library is searchable – every word spoken, every word on screen, every slide, and every digital note.
- Integrations. Customize and extend Panopto’s industry-leading video platform to align with your internal processes and to work with your existing IT infrastructure, including hardware (video cameras, microphones, laptops, etc.) and software (learning management systems, video conferencing platforms, etc.).
- Top-Tier Customer Support. You’ll find a true partner with the team at Panopto – we consistently receive a 99% customer satisfaction rate.
What Can You Achieve with Panopto?
Panopto strengthens your education technology ecosystem, enabling you to:
- Easily Create Video Learning Experiences. Panopto offers a reliable, easy-to-use video platform for lecture capture, video recording, editing, and management. You have access to everything you need for video content creation within one platform.
- Deliver Flexible, Personalized Learning. With numerous recording and distribution options for your video learning content, Panopto offers a flexible learning environment suited to each student’s needs.
- Understand Student Engagement. Every video within Panopto offers detailed analytics to assist in engagement insights and audience viewing behaviors.
- Streamline Workflows. Panopto’s robust integrations allow you to use the tools your faculty and students are already comfortable with.
- Enable Straightforward And Secure Content Sharing. Protect the security, confidentiality, integrity, and privacy of your data with Panopto’s stringent safeguards.
Panopto: Dedicated to Supporting your Institution’s Goals
Integration of video into your classroom ecosystem will benefit both faculty and students:
Make your institution more competitive and support student enrollment.
Trends in higher education technology show that asynchronous education video content is going to be a key part of higher ed’s approach to more flexible and future-proof learning delivery moving forward. What’s more, students now expect flexible and accessible learning experiences from their universities, and consider this an important factor when choosing an institution to enroll in.
Improve learning outcomes, student satisfaction, and engagement.
Panopto’s engagement analytics allow educators to dive deep into student insights, improving access to learning outcomes. Detailed reports on audience engagement and comprehensive insights into viewing behavior are available for every video. Panopto helps improve student engagement and satisfaction by offering personalized learning opportunities, whether it’s the opportunity to focus on class material instead of taking notes or by including interactive features within the learning videos like quizzing and discussion threads.
Boost faculty satisfaction and productivity.
With streamlined workflows and automatically captured live sessions, Panopto easily integrates into any classroom experience and helps faculty do less manual work so they can focus on their teaching. Your VMS should act as the central hub between any and every video conferencing tool and LMS you might have. Through integrations, you can also add, create, and ingest video without any additional software, and without ever having to leave your LMS environment. You can use a recording device on-premise or in the cloud from any web browser or smartphone, and your videos are automatically uploaded to Panopto and shared with users.
Enable flexible learning experiences, making equitable learning accessible to all.
A VMS offers students the opportunity to learn at a pace that works the best for their needs. Through on-demand lecture videos, students are able to watch learning videos at convenient times, include captions for accessibility, and rewatch important videos while studying. In addition, if you are using Panopto as your VMS, searching through your entire video library is as easy as searching through your email. Panopto’s Smart Search feature uses Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology to automatically index and time-stamp every word that’s spoken or displayed on-screen in 15 different languages.